Remember Me

Remember Me

Saturday, November 14, 2015

1915, November 14th. WW 1. Charley's 32nd letter home from the Front.

November 14th 1915
CMAC Depot
St Martins Plain
Shorncliff England


Dear Mother
            Here is another.  As for any news of any of you in Canada I know absolutely nothing as I have had no letters since I left France.  My mail has been chasing me all over England from one Hospital to the other.
           Well Mother I am able to get around alright but don’t feel just quite right yet, however I guess I will be okay before long.
At Christmas time Hess sent me a ring with my initials on it and the other day I took it off to wash and lost it.  I still have the little watch you gave me and it is about the only thing that I have that I brought from Canada left. 
How is V.V. getting along as school it must be an awful change for her after going to Brandon. However I hope this will be her last year at a Country School.  Well Mother I will write you in a day or so again and tell Dad to drop me a line or two.
The weather here is very damp and is somewhat like that of France in the winter but I like it here much better as the people can at least talk you own language.
Well Mother how do you and Dad like farming it must be very lonesome after all the people that used to be around when you were in the Hotel.  I met Jim Rutledge here and several of the Dauphin fellows, they were anxious for me to go over to see them but somehow I don’t care for them.  They seem to be such villagers.
So Mother I will come to a close. Remember me to Dad and V-V with love
Chas








No comments:

Post a Comment